Friday, September 17, 2010

Good morning from Milan. It is Friday at 10 am (about 6 am your time - at least CT time)
Our trip was uneventful - just the way I like it and we were able to check right into our hotel room.
Yesterday we walked off all of the food we ate. We were introduced to the Metro and went to the Duomo area. We went to the top and I had hoped we could do and it was beautiful (It cost 6 Euro to walk up and 8 Euro to take the lift - guess what I did) There were still 70 stairs after we got up so still got my exercise. In the afternoon we took the tour of Milan which was very interesting but the highlight was Divinci's Last Supper. We met someone yesterday morning who said they were disappointed in it. I wasn't! I thought it was beautiful, considering it was finished in 1498.
I have to work on th picture thing. I'll try to do better next time
Tomorrow we pick up the car and drive to Tollero.
Bye for now --- Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment