Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Hi everyone
We have done some exciting things today such as grocery shop. Now, you who have a supermarket on every corner, may not think this so great. Our first challenge was to find a supermarket which we finally did. That was followed closely by trying to find the necessary supplies. Now, if you can't read the label it is a little difficult to know where to find the things you are looking for. But we succeeded on most items.
Time in Italy is very different from American time. We don't roll out of bed until 8 or 9o'clock (Jim usually gets up about 5:30 and me about 7) We, for obvious reasons, don't see a need to go the the gym or work out. (I know, Wendy, I should anyway)
The restaurants don't open until 7 or 8 at night so we find it necessary to have a mid-afternoon snack and then eat later (This from 2 people who are "early bird special professionals")
I'm not sure what day it is. We don't have a TV or newspapers. I suppose we could buy a paper, but we couldn't read it anyway, so why bother.
Basically, we read, explore, look at the sea and nap -- tough job but someone has to do it.
I'm still working on finding a computer that will allow me to do pictures.
Love to all -- Maggie & Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment